Georgia Heart Hospital Program
Help improve health care in our community through Georgia's new tax credit opportunity!
Beginning in 2017, Georgia taxpayers can receive a state income tax CREDIT for 70% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations such as Monroe County Hospital (up to the limits set forth below). Taxpayers who itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns will be able to take a charitable income tax deduction for the entire amount of their contributions.
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
- If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a tax credit for contributing to Monroe County Hospital as follows:
- Married Filing Jointly - 70% of the amount contributed or $5,000, whichever is less
- Must contribute $7,143 to receive full $5,000 tax credit
- Individual Filer - 70% of the amount contributed or $2,500 per tax year, whichever is less
- Must contribute $3,572 to receive full $2,500 tax credit
- C-Corporation or Trust - 70% of the amount contributed or 75% of your Georgia income tax liability, whichever is less
How do I sign up to contribute?
- Complete and submit your 2019 HEART Tax Credit Form at http://www.georgiaheart.org/georgia-heart-tax-credit-form, or mail a completed copy of the form to Georgia HEART at 3740 Davinci Court, Suite 375, Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092.
- Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Within 60 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval, send a check made payable to Hospital Authority of Monroe County (d/b/a Monroe County Hospital) to Georgia HEART for deposit to the hospital's account.
- Georgia HEART will send you confirmation of your contribution and instruct you on how to submit a copy to the DOR.
- Georgia HEART will send you a tax receipt and filing instructions for 2019 tax filing purposes.
Your contribution will increase our hospital funding and our ability to provide for the health care of individuals in our community!
For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, please visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact Georgia HEART staff at email@example.com.