|Position||Medical Laboratory Technologist (PRN)|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
The medical laboratory technologist positon is responsible for conducting laboratory tests which provide information to physicians for the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of diseases in patients under the direct supervision of a medical technologist, supervisor, or director.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Performs clinical laboratory tests such as: hematology, immunohematology, chemistry, bacteriology, serology, parasitology, endocrinology, general immunology, and urinalysis.
- Tests are performed according to laboratory procedures and protocols and test results are correctly entered on the patient information system and laboratory records, as appropriate.
- Operates and maintains laboratory instrumentation.
- Logs performance of equipment, including daily temperature checks.
- Assesses any equipment malfunction and uses appropriate action/protocols to correct.
- Orders, evaluates, records, and prints test results using lab computer. Executes procedures for ordering, processing, and reporting reference lab specimens.
- Records patient encounters in lab chart when appropriate. Records lab results on hospital patient information system as appropriate.
- Ensures charges that are generated are accurate and timely.
- Performs quality controls and documents quality control for each lab procedures on a daily basis. Follows defined protocol for investigating out-of-control runs and implements necessary remedial action.
- Prepares reagents for use in lab procedures.
- Reads functional section policy and procedures manuals at least annually.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum Associates’ degree as Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Successful completion of an examination approved by the Georgia State Department of Human Resources (GDHR).
- Successful completion of required Medical Laboratory Technician certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to perform medical laboratory procedures in accordance with the policies and protocols in effect (assessed within 90 days of hire).
- Familiarity with the technology related to practice in the assigned functional sections.