|Position||Accounting Clerk (Monday-Friday)|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Greets and provides prompt and efficient customer service to customers in all settings.
- Process accounts payable, including tracking expenditures and budgets.
- Reconciles vendor statements.
- Ensures accounts payable checks are issued in a timely manner.
- Maintains an organized filing system for paid invoices.
- Assists with all routine monthly and annual processes in the accounts payable system and maintains archives of all monthly and accounts payable reports.
- Assists with all routine processing of payroll.
- Assists with preparation reconciliation of quarterly payroll taxes and prepares and submits all required documents and electronic files to the appropriate government agencies.
- Assists with the annual preparation of vendor 1099 forms and employee W-2 forms.
- Promotes customer service and responds to and adequately resolves complaints or concerns from patients or families concerning billing.
- Ensures compliance with all hospital rules and regulations in accordance with set policies and procedures. Ensures department compliance with EMTALA, HIPAA, and Red Flag Rules.
- Assists with sorting, assembling, and posting Physical Therapy charges accurately and timely.
- Ensures that patient accounts are billed accurately, in a timely manner, and electronically archived safely and accessibly.
- Continued on-going improvement of revenue cycle process to include, but not limited to; posting, bad debt, and contract billing management.
- Assists with month close for contract billing.
- Ensures that the outlined are followed:
- Accepts payments and issues receipts, collects co-payments and deductibles, and reconciles cash drawer at the end of shift.
- Fosters high levels of customer service and releases only appropriate patient information while ensuring HIPAA compliance is followed.
- Ensures all patient information is safeguarded and kept confidential according to prescribed policies and procedures.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solutions available and solve problems as they arise.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others; ensure flow of communication within department.
- Participates in a variety of special projects and compiles a variety of special reports.
- Provide proper solutions and alternatives to customer billing concerns by phone and in person.
- Prepares daily bank deposit and scans all checks for processing.
- Ensures mail receipts are posted timely and accurately and is able to balance to the daily bank deposit total.
- Helps identify rejections and forward rejection EOBs to outside billing agency.
- Helps prepare credit balance accounts at the request of the Director of the Revenue Cycle and forwards to the CFO for approval.
- Assist Insurance billers with secondary claims-pulling EOB’s etc.
- Responsible for scanning required documents on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis; whichever is appropriate for record requirements.
- Responsible for filing and archiving required documents as required by policies and procedures.
- Performs other requested job duties.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelors (preferred)
- Accounts Payable experience
- Payroll Experience
- Two to three years of experience in a medical office or hospital admissions
- Knowledge of insurance processing
- Must be efficient with keyboarding and computer applications.