|Position||Med Surg Registered Nurse (Full Time Days and Nights)|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
What We Bring To The Table:
Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
403(B) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off
Life Insurance & AD&D – Employer Paid
Supplemental Policies – Cancer, Short-Term Disability & Accident (Optional)
How You Will Add Value:
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Records patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients. Interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Provides bed side care for a wide variety of medical patients; including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury by explaining post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, and starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment. Aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocols.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Utilizes time management skills.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format, and on the appropriate forms.
- Direct care provided by licensed practical nursing and nursing aides.
- Float among various clinical services where qualified and competent.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in nursing.
- Current, valid certification in the state of Georgia as Registered Nurse.
- Current, valid AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS and ACLS).