|Position||Registered Respiratory Therapist (Full-Time Nights)|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
What We Bring To The Table:
Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
403(B) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off
Life Insurance & AD&D – Employer Paid
Supplemental Policies – Cancer, Short-Term Disability & Accident (Optional)
How You Will Add Value:
1. Perform respiratory procedures accurately and in a timely manner as prescribed by a physician. These procedures include:
a. Oxygen therapy: tank, nasal cannula, high flow nasal cannula, venturi mask, non-rebreather, etc.
b. Coughing and deep breathing instruction and exercises and related maneuvers.
c. Aerosol Therapy: bland and medicated, metered dose, ambient, ultrasonic, sputum induction.
d. Pulmonary Function Testing.
e. CPAP and BiPAP therapy.
f. Airway maintenance, oral nasal, and tracheal suctioning.
g. Arterial puncture and blood gas analysis, after proper certification.
h. Non-invasive monitoring.
i. Mechanical ventilation.
j. Continuous mechanical ventilation of acute and critically ill patients in ER and Med-Surg. settings.
2. Performs assessment of the patient, determining needs related to the frequency and duration of the treatment regime ordered by the physician. Requests re-orders when necessary and communicates with nurse and physician about discrepancies and concerns.
3. Initiates and follows through with respiratory protocols as necessary.
4. Observes the patient’s response to therapy, evaluates, and records in the patients’ record. Immediately reports adverse reactions following established procedures.
5. Charts treatments and procedures accurately in the forms provided. Enters appropriate information into the hospital health information system accurately and timely.
6. Makes oxygen rounds as necessary and appropriate, causing the safe and effective use of supplies and equipment.
7. Provides instruction to patients, family, staff, and students about therapy and equipment used in respiratory care procedures and protocols; and documents as required.
8. Provides complete report to on-coming personnel and takes a complete report from off-going personnel.
9. Assists in the orientation of new nursing and respiratory personnel.
10. Supports multidisciplinary quality assessment and improvement activities by participating in improving important aspects of care.
11. Become proficient in and provide quality control and regular maintenance of the i-STAT blood gas machine as necessary and assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Minimum Associates degree in Respiratory Care.
2. Current, valid certification in the state of Georgiaas Registered Respiratory Therapist.
3. Current, valid AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS, PALS and ACLS).