|Position||Maintenance Technician (Mid-Shift)|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the facility and equipment according to safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain hospital facilities and equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs and performs scheduled maintenance repairs as necessary.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs mechanical devices such as pumps, motors, and air handling equipment and controls.
- Replaces defective parts on such items as wall sockets, switches, lamps, beds, and bed controls.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and hospital facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining uninterrupted, efficient, and safe operation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Initiates request for purchasing requisitions to obtain materials necessary to perform repairs or alterations.
- Documents work completed and time required as part of the work order system and time recording requirements.
- Performs general repairs as required.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts and reassemble; starts devices to test their performance.
- Assists in performing plumbing and steam fitting duties required for maintaining continuity of services.
- Cleans and lubricates parts as required.
- Operates hand and power tools such as: wrenches, ratchets, screwdrivers, pliers, pipe wrenches, vises, drill presses, drill motors, hammers, rotor hammers, zallsaws, hack saws, hand saws, skill saws, sewer machines pipe cutters, soldering irons, acetylene torches, refrigeration gauges, volt ohm-amp meters, and thermometers.
- Drive hospital owned vehicle to transport supplies, as needed, to other hospital buildings; drive to recycling center as necessary.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship or an equivalent number of years of education and construction/maintenance experience.
- Must have current, valid drivers license for the State of Georgia.
- Must be able to drive/operate hospital vehicle.