|Position||Licensed Practical Nurse - Full Time Nights|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
What We Bring To The Table:
Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
403(B) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off
Life Insurance & AD&D – Employer Paid
Supplemental Policies – Cancer, Short-Term Disability & Accident (Optional)
How You Will Add Value:
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed practical nurse.
- Records patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients. Interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Provides beside care for a wide variety of medical patients; including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury by explaining post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, and starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocols.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Utilizes time management skills.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format, and on the appropriate forms.
- Answer and refer telephone calls or other inquiries to ensure accurate and timely communications are facilitated.
- Cooperates with distribution of resources to maintain a therapeutic environment.
- Float among various clinical services where qualified and competent.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a PRN (as needed) position in a health care facility open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and weekend are required. Working during inclement weather will be required. Shifts may vary, but working hours may be up to approximately 12 hours.
As PRN, this position requires working at least two shifts per month.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current, valid certification in the state of Georgia as Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Current, valid AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS).