|Position||Maintenance Technician - Full Time Day Shift|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
What We Bring To The Table:
Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
403(B) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off
Life Insurance & AD&D – Employer Paid
Supplemental Policies – Cancer, Short-Term Disability & Accident (Optional)
How You Will Add Value:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain hospital facilities and equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs and performs scheduled maintenance repairs as necessary.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs mechanical devices such as pumps, motors, and air handling equipment and controls.
- Replaces defective parts on such items as wall sockets, switches, lamps, beds, and bed controls.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and hospital facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining uninterrupted, efficient, and safe operation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Initiates request for purchasing requisitions to obtain materials necessary to perform repairs or alterations.
- Documents work completed and time required as part of the work order system and time recording requirements.
- Performs general repairs as required.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts and reassemble; starts devices to test their performance.
- Assists in performing plumbing and steam fitting duties required for maintaining continuity of services.
- Cleans and lubricates parts as required.
- Operates hand and power tools such as: wrenches, ratchets, screwdrivers, pliers, pipe wrenches, vises, drill presses, drill motors, hammers, rotor hammers, zallsaws, hack saws, hand saws, skill saws, sewer machines pipe cutters, soldering irons, acetylene torches, refrigeration gauges, volt ohm-amp meters, and thermometers.
- Drive hospital owned vehicle to transport supplies, as needed, to other hospital buildings; drive to recycling center as necessary.
20. Comply with safety regulations and maintain.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position, working approximately eight hour shifts. This position requires weekend and holiday work. This position requires working rotating call schedules with ability to come back to facility.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship or an equivalent number of years of education and construction/maintenance experience.
- Must have current, valid drivers license for the State of Georgia.
- Must be able to drive/operate hospital vehicle.