|Position||Radiololgic Technologist - Full Time|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
Through the sacrifices of many, we have managed to make quality healthcare a reality for the citizens and residents of Forsyth and Monroe County. Being part of the community has been an important goal throughout the years, and with your help and loyalty we can continue to provide health services that you can depend on.
Position: Radiololgic Technologist - Full Time
Shift: Sunday through Thursday, 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM
What We Bring To The Table:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 403(B) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance & AD&D – Employer Paid
- Supplemental Policies – Cancer, Short-Term Disability & Accident (Optional)
- Free Parking
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Assistance Program
How You Will Add Value:
- Performs diagnostic radiographic exams.
- Evaluates radiographs for technical quality.
- Applies principles of radiation protection and calculates exposure factors.
- Exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures.
- Provides patient care essential to radiographic procedures.
- Assumes care for physical and psychological needs of patient during examinations and procedures.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contract media, administering first aide, and using the emergency supplies.
- Practices aseptic technique as needed.
- Administers contrast media, utilizing policies and procedures as set for by department director.
- Assists physician with imaging procedures.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains patient film and records as required by policies and procedures.
- Maintains competency in radiologic technology.
- Maintains professional relationships with members of medical staff, hospital staff, and patients.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Staffing for shift is Sunday to Thursday, 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM. This facility operates a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week schedule; schedules will be rotating and employee will be required to show flexibility and willingness to change shift configurations as needed to ensure department coverage. Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Registered with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Current, valid AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS).
- Demonstrated ability to perform radiographic procedures in accordance with the policies and protocols in effect (assessed within 90 days of hire).
- Familiarity with the technology related to practice in the assigned functional sections.