|Position||Med/Surg. Nurse Manager|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
Through the sacrifices of many, we have managed to make quality healthcare a reality for the citizens and residents of Forsyth and Monroe County. Being part of the community has been an important goal throughout the years, and with your help and loyalty we can continue to provide health services that you can depend on.
What We Bring To The Table:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 403(B) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance & AD&D – Employer Paid
- Supplemental Policies – Cancer, Short-Term Disability & Accident (Optional)
- Free Parking
How You Will Add Value:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the Nursing Services Department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that conform to current standards of nursing practice and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and procedures for the day-to-day functions of the nursing services department.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Selects and assigns staff, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and promotion.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Evaluates the work performance of all nursing personnel and implements discipline according to policies and procedures.
- Oversees and supervises development and delivery of in-service education to equip nursing staff with sufficient knowledge and skills to provide compassionate, quality care for patients.
- Proactively develops positive employee relations; promotes teamwork, mutual respect, and effective communications.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to work.
- Supervises and participates in the provision of general nursing care services.
- Supervises admissions, helps to conduct assessment of patient’s needs, and helps initiates nursing care plans as needed.
- Serves as liaison between staff and other areas within the facility, and as an advisor to other disciplines.
- Communicates directly with patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, interdisciplinary team members, and department heads to coordinate care and services. Promotes participation in care plans and maintains a high quality of care for patients.
- Promotes customer service and hospitality and responds to and adequately resolves complaints or concerns from patients or families about nursing services.
- Promotes compliance with accident prevention procedures, safety rules, and safe work practices to prevent employee injury and illness and control workers’ compensation costs.
- Ensures staff is trained in fire, disaster, other emergency procedures, and evaluates performance during drills.
- Performs, on occasion, any task assigned to subordinate staff, consistent with licensing or certification requirements.
- Works nursing services shifts as needed to ensure department coverage.
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing in the state of Georgia; valid license as Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia.
- Current, valid AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS and ACLS).
- At least five years management experience preferred.
- At least three years supervisory experience preferred.