|Position||Patient Access Representative - PRN (As Needed)|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
Patient Access Representative
Through the sacrifices of many, we have managed to make quality healthcare a reality for the citizens and residents of Forsyth and Monroe County. Being part of the community has been an important goal throughout the years, and with your help and loyalty we can continue to provide health services that you can depend on.
What We Bring To The Table:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
How You Will Add Value:
- Interviews incoming patient or representative and enters information required for admission into health information system and billing.
- Obtains required signatures from patient and/or representative for consent of care and any other required documents per hospital policy and protocols. Documents how consent was obtained or not obtained from responsible parties.
- Enters, records, stores, and maintains information in written and electronic form.
- Explains hospital regulations, such as visiting hours and payment of accounts.
- Understand the functional status and physical needs of patients, staff, and visitors to the hospital and assists in those needs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of community services and resources available to all patients. Refer patients as necessary to the appropriate agency or department.
- Accepts payments and issues receipts, collects co-payments and deductibles, and reconciles petty cash drawer at the end of each shift.
- Processes telephone communications in an efficient and courteous manner for patients, physician, general public, and hospital staff.
- Pages for medical staff, disaster and emergency codes as required by policy. Pages should be done in a clear, distinct, and audible voice.
- Run a daily registration quality report before the end of each shift to check the accuracy of registrations and make corrections as necessary.
- Controls visitor access to hospital after hours, clears any afterhours visitors with Charge Nurse, and issues visitor pass as appropriate.
- Fosters high levels of customer service and releases only appropriate patient information while ensuring HIPAA compliance is followed. Refers all other medical information releases to HIM for processing.
- Ensures all patient information is safeguarded and kept confidential according to prescribed policies and procedures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
These are PRN (as needed) and Part-Time (Dayshift) positions. This department operates a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week schedule; schedules will be rotating and employee will be required to show flexibility and willingness to change shift configurations as needed to ensure department coverage. Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
As PRN, employee will be expected to work at least two shifts per month.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be efficient with keyboarding and computer applications.