|Position||Registered Nurse - Full-time Days|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
The registered nurse position is responsible for rendering nursing care in assigned area in terms of individualized patient needs with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on the scope of nursing. Promotes the physical and mental health of patients by applying the nursing processes. This position is a member of the interdisciplinary team for patient care.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Records patients’ medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients. Interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Provides bed side care for a wide variety of medical patients; including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury by explaining post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, and starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment. Aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocols.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Utilizes time management skills.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format, and on the appropriate forms.
- Direct care provided by licensed practical nursing and nursing aides.
- Float among various clinical services where qualified and competent.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a health care setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the hospital. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and some mechanical equipment. The employee is exposed to a variety of patient conditions and elements. The noise level is moderate to quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move objects and patients weighing over 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position in a health care facility open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holidays and weekends are required. Working during inclement weather will be required. Shifts may vary, but working hours may be up to approximately 12 hours.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in nursing.
- Current, valid certification in the state of Georgia as Registered Nurse.
- Current, valid AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS and ACLS).