|Position||Certified Nursing Assistant (PRN Positions Available)|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
Summary/Objective:The certified nursing assistant provides quality nursing care to patients; implements specific procedures and programs; coordinates work within the department, as well as other department information to the immediate supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for information; and assists with tasks to support department operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Provides quality nursing care to patients in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and individuality as illustrated by the following:
- Provides individualized attention, which encourages each patient to maintain or attain their well-being.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan of each patient and provides support to the patient according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the nurse with specific information and observations of the patient’s needs and preferences.
- Attends to the individual needs of the patients, which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinence care, toileting, intake-output, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individual’s care requirements.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of patients in the delivery of services to them. Interacts with patients in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies to the supervisor.
- Protects the personal belongs of each patient.
- Observes patients for changes in condition or behavior and promptly reports these changes to appropriate nursing personnel.
- Provides care that maintains each patient’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skins tears, and other damage by changing incontinent patients, turning, repositioning immobile patients, and by applying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas.
- Answers patients call bells promptly and courteously.
- Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse, including checking vital signs, weighing patients, applying creams/ointments, and collecting specimens.
- Assists with orienting patients and their families to the nursing unit on admission.
- Lifts, moves, and transports patients, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices, for accident prevention.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with patients, visitors, family, peers, and supervisors.
- Practices careful and efficient use of supplies and linens and follows established charge procedures.
- Complete certified nursing assistant records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled material.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position: (dayshift and nightshift) in a health care facility open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and weekend are required. Working during inclement weather will be required. Shifts may vary, but working hours may be up to approximately 12 hours.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Current, valid certification in the state of Georgia as Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Current, valid AHA Healthcare Provider Training (BCLS).