|Position||Rehabilitation Technician - PRN|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
Shift: PRN (As Needed)
The rehabilitation technician assists with provision of rehabilitation services to patients under the supervision of a Physical or Occupational Therapist or assigned nursing supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
1. Transports patient to and from therapy area and assists as directed to prepare patients for assessments and treatments.
2. Assists with the transfer activities and lifting of patients and the use of mechanical lifts when indicated and as directed by the supervising therapist or nurse.
3. Assists the therapist to conduct both individual and group treatment as outlined in treatment plan in the areas of ADL, functional mobility, strength, coordination, cognitive/perceptual remediation and functional maintenance.
4. Attends to the individual needs of the patients, which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinence care, toileting, intake-output, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individual’s care requirements.
5. Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan of each patient and provides support to the patient according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the assigned therapist or nurse with specific information and observations of the patient’s needs and preferences.
6. Provides individualized attention, which encourages each patient to maintain or attain their well-being.
7. Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of patients in the delivery of services to them. Interacts with patients in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
8. Responsible for implementing the plan of care for activities therapy for each assigned patient.
9. Maintains therapy equipment by cleaning, disinfecting, maintaining orderly condition, and reporting defective equipment.
10. Facilitates the smooth functioning of the therapy services by performing administrative tasks and clerical duties.
11. Maintains inventory of therapy equipment and supplies.
12. Participates in patient, family, and staff education.
13. Protects the personal belongs of each patient, including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aides, furnishings, jewelry, clothing. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy and participates in efforts to locate missing items.
14. Responsible for reporting on the condition of the patient to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members. Coordinate and assist with care as directed.
15. Documents and maintains patient records that reflect patient treatment within the scope of technician duties.
16. Participates in multidisciplinary rounds/meetings and in-services as needed.
17. Assists in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies to the supervisor.
18. Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with patients, visitors, family, peers, and supervisors.
19. Practices careful and efficient use of supplies and follows established charge procedures.
20. Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move objects and patients weighing over 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a PRN position in a health care facility open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holidays and weekends are required. Working during inclement weather will be required. Shifts may vary, but working hours may be up to approximately 12 hours.
As a PRN employee, this position requires you to work, a minimum, two shifts per month.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Current, valid AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS).