|Position||Maintenance Technician (Full-Time)|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain hospital facilities and equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs and performs scheduled maintenance repairs as necessary.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs mechanical devices such as pumps, motors, and air handling equipment and controls.
- Replaces defective parts on such items as wall sockets, switches, lamps, beds, and bed controls.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and hospital facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining uninterrupted, efficient, and safe operation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- Initiates request for purchasing requisitions to obtain materials necessary to perform repairs or alterations.
- Documents work completed and time required as part of the work order system and time recording requirements.
- Performs general repairs as required.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts and reassemble; starts devices to test their performance.
- Assists in performing plumbing and steam fitting duties required for maintaining continuity of services.
- Cleans and lubricates parts as required.
- Operates hand and power tools such as: wrenches, ratchets, screwdrivers, pliers, pipe wrenches, vises, drill presses, drill motors, hammers, rotor hammers, zallsaws, hack saws, hand saws, skill saws, sewer machines pipe cutters, soldering irons, acetylene torches, refrigeration gauges, volt ohm-amp meters, and thermometers.
- Drive hospital owned vehicle to transport supplies, as needed, to other hospital buildings; drive to recycling center as necessary.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work area.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship or an equivalent number of years of education and construction/maintenance experience.
- Must have current, valid drivers license for the State of Georgia.
- Must be able to drive/operate hospital vehicle.
- Must be able to work a rotating on-call schedule.