|Position||Operating Room Technician (Full-Time Scrub Tech) - Certified|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
1. Responsible for knowing what supplies are used on an assigned procedure and for being able to prepare the operating room accordingly for surgical procedures.
2. Maintaining the sterile field between the patient and the surgical team.
3. Assembling both sterile and non-sterile equipment and ensuring that the equipment is in proper working condition.
4. Counting the sponges, needles, and instruments to ensure there are still the same number as before the surgery.
5. Prepping patients for surgery by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites.
6. Helps in draping the sterile field.
7. Prepares sterile dressings.
8. Passes instruments, etc. to surgeon during procedure.
9. Carries out procedures during the operation pertaining to handling instruments, sponges, sutures, catheters, drains and dressings, to ensure medical and surgical asepsis and safety to the patient.
10. Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
11. Assists other members of the surgical team with terminal cleaning of surgery room.
12. Assists in prepping room for the next patient.
13. Responsible for knowing and preparing the endoscopy set according to the endoscopy procedures including cleaning and any required maintenance.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Prefer High School diploma or GED.
2. Current, valid certification in the state of Georgia as Surgical Technologist.
3. Current, valid AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS).
4. At least two years’ experience working operating room environment.