|Position||ER Registered Nurse (PRN)|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
The registered nurse positon is responsible for rendering emergency nursing care in terms of individualized patient needs with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on the scope of nursing. Promotes the physical and mental health of patients by applying the nursing processes. This position is a member of the interdisciplinary team for patient care.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Collects current symptoms, as well as a detailed patient history and then consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans.
- Performs triage, while considering both the physical and psychosocial elements.
- Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocols.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Records patient’s current vital signs.
- Works directly under physicians, assisting them during exams, diagnostic testing and treatments.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Provides IV therapy.
- Cleans and bandages wounds.
- Provides basic, bedside care.
- Maintains proper supplies and appropriate medical equipment to care for patients.
- Reports any suspected abuse to appropriate agencies.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation, as well as provides referrals to other healthcare professionals for follow-up treatment.
- Displays professionalism while completing multiple urgent tasks in a timely manner.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format, and on the appropriate forms.
- Float among various clinical services, where qualified and competent.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum Associates degree in nursing.
- Current, valid certification in the state of Georgia as Registered Nurse.
- Current, valid AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS and ACLS).