|Position||Revenue Cycle Specialist|
|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
The Revenue Cycle Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Business Office.
In addition, the role is responsible for posting mail receipts and electronic payments to patient
accounts in a timely and accurate manner. The role is responsible to always provide premium
service to patients and customers.
1. Greets and provides prompt and efficient customer service to customers in all settings.
Responsible for taking payments from walk-in customers; ensuring payments are posted
appropriately and proper documentation provided to all customers.
2. Proactively develops positive employee relations; promotes teamwork, mutual respect, and
3. Promotes customer service and responds to and adequately resolves complaints or
concerns from patients or families concerning billing.
4. Ensures compliance with all hospital rules and regulations in accordance with set policies
and procedures. Ensures department compliance with EMTALA, HIPAA, and Red Flag Rules.
5. Sorts, assembles, and posts Therapy charges timely and accurately and/or ensures that this
is delegated to properly trained staff for coverage during PDO, etc. Ensures this task is
completed accurately and timely.
6. Ensures that patient accounts are billed accurately, in a timely manner, and electronically
archived safely and accessibly.
7. Continued on-going improvement of revenue cycle process to include, but not limited to;
posting, bad debt, and contract billing management.
8. Performs month close for contract billing.
9. Ensures that the outlined are followed:
a. Accepts payments and issues receipts, collects co-payments and deductibles, and
reconciles cash drawer at the end of shift.
b. Fosters high levels of customer service and releases only appropriate patient
information while ensuring HIPAA compliance is followed.
c. Ensures all patient information is safeguarded and kept confidential according to
prescribed policies and procedures.
d. Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solutions available and
solve problems as they arise.
e. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others; ensure
flow of communication within department.
10. Participates in a variety of special projects and compiles a variety of special reports.
11. Provide proper solutions and alternatives to customer billing concerns by phone and in
12. Prepares daily bank deposit and scans all checks for processing.
13. Ensures mail receipts are posted timely and accurately and is able to balance to the daily
bank deposit total.
14. Helps identify rejections and forward rejection EOBs to outside billing agency.
15. Helps prepare credit balance accounts at the request of the Director of the Revenue Cycle
and forwards to the CFO for approval.
16. Assist Insurance billers with secondary claims-pulling EOB’s etc.
17. Responsible for scanning required documents on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis;
whichever is appropriate for record requirements.
18. Responsible for filing and archiving required documents as required by policies and
19. Performs other requested job duties.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Two to three years experience in a medical office or hospital admissions
3. Knowledge of insurance processing
4. Must be efficient with keyboarding and computer applications.