|Location||Monroe County Hospital - Georgia|
Phlebotomists are responsible for efficiently and accurately performing blood draws and transfusions on blood donors and patients, depending on their specific facility.
- Preparing patients before drawing blood
- Explaining blood draw procedures to patients and answering any questions about the process
- Following all health and safety protocols and procedures to maintain sanitary work areas
- Gathering medical testing materials, including needles, sample vials, blood storage bags and test tubes
- Verifying patient information and labeling blood samples properly
- Accurately updating patient information in the organizations database
- Helping nervous or frightened patients remain calm during blood draws
- Working with supervising Physicians and following their directions at all times.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Successful completion of phlebotomy program from a community college or vocational-technical school
- Candidates should have an excellent grasp of medical terminology, human anatomy and testing procedures.