Before your surgery, we ask that you follow these important safety rules. If not followed, your operation may have to be delayed or canceled.
You will be required to fast prior to your surgery. Please follow these guidelines unless your doctor instructs you differently.
1. DO NOT EAT OR DRINK anything after midnight the night before your procedure this includes gum, candy, lozenges, mints, cigarettes or chewing Tobacco.
2. Arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home after you are discharged from the hospital. You will not be permitted to leave hospital to drive yourself home. You can not drive or operate heavy machinery for at least 24 hours.
3. Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing.
4. Should you develop any signs or symptoms of illness before your surgery, please notify your doctor. (any sore throat, ear ache, abdominal illness, or fever)
5. Do not wear contacts lenses, make-up, or finger or toe nail polish.
6. Dentures or removable bridgework must be removed prior to your procedure.
7. Please bathe or shower the morning of your procedure. You may use deodorant. Please do not use any powder, lotions, oils or makeup on your body on the day of surgery.
8. All body jewelry must be removed. Please leave all valuables at home.
9. Any children or minors MUST be accompanied by an adult.
10.Endoscopy patients only: Follow the bowel prep instructions given to you by your doctor's office. Drink plenty of fluids. Please avoid red/purple drinks, Jell-O, and popsicles. Start prep around noon the day prior to your procedure! Clear liquid diet only the day before the procedure. COMPLETING YOUR BOWEL PREP IS A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF THE PROCEDURE. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THE PREP AS DIRECTED YOUR PROCEDURE MAY BE LIMITED AND INCONCLUSIVE. THIS COULD CAUSE YOU TO HAVE TO REPEAT THE WHOLE PROCEDURE PROCESS OVER AT A LATER DATE.
|88 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Forsyth, Georgia, 31029, (478) 994-2521|