Your physician will determine when you are ready to go home or when you will be moved to your room. If you are going home, your physician or nurse will provide instructions on discharge care. For your safety, you must arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home.
For your comfort and safety, we remind you of the following:
1. Have someone stay with you for the first 24 hours following surgery.
2. Take it easy until your physician says you can return to your normal routine.
3. Do not drive, operate machinery or power tools, drink alcoholic beverages, or take any medications not prescribed by your physician for at least 24 hours following surgery.
4. It is our practice to call you at home a few days after your procedure. If you prefer that we do not contact you, please let us know when you arrive on the day of your procedure.
5. It is natural to experience some discomfort in the area of the operation. You may also experience some drowsiness or dizziness depending on the type of anesthesia you receive, or the amount of pain medication you are taking at home.
6. Follow your physician's instructions regarding diet, rest, and medication.
7. Contact your physician if you feel you are having problems after discharge. If your doctor is not available, call the nearest hospital emergency department or 911.
|88 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Forsyth, Georgia, 31029, (478) 994-2521|